So here’s the thing. I am a diehard Nutrition Warehouse fan. I love the guys at my local store, who are always full of great advice. They have a nice little loyalty scheme going (although I wish your “points” that you accrue with each purchase didn’t expire each year) which keeps me coming back.
[pullquote]But, with the Aussie dollar doing its thing in the last few months, I think I might be switching allegiances to an overseas supplier[/pullquote]
But, with the Aussie dollar doing its thing in the last few months, I think I might be switching allegiances to an overseas supplier… namely, Bodybuilding.com. Now, before anyone accuses me of being unpatriotic, let’s look at the facts. First off, we’ll look at shipping (usually the killer when shipping from overseas) and price differences between the actual stores.
So here what bodybuilding.com has to say about their shipping to Australia:
We have worked hard to find the best possible shipping methods to Australia! Our goal has always been to make it easy for people outside of the USA to order from us. We get many e-mails from customers who appreciate our fast and reliable international shipping.
We have experience shipping hundreds of thousands of packages to almost every country in the world! We have found the best possible shipping methods for you.
- Australia Post (5-12 Days) – Rates starting at $5 USD: Our Australian customers will receive their packages via the Australian Postal administration. Once packages have shipped out from our warehouses they will arrive at one of the Australian Post sorting facilities within five to twelve days, if not sooner! Most orders down under arrive well within the twelve business day timeframe, so don’t delay, order today! Unfortunately due to the injection of this method into the Postal stream, tracking is NOT available for this shipping option.
- FedEx Australia Express Shipping (3-7 Days) – Rates starting at just $17 USD: Australia Express shipping is an exciting new shipping method for our friends down under! Shipping times are incredibly fast, with most orders to Australia delivered within two to five days! Make sure to choose this option if you want quick delivery with en route tracking to Australia at a reasonable price! Look for this option under the “Delivery Method” dropdown menu on the Cart page.
*As long as your order before shipping is less than 1,000$AUD there will be ZERO Customs Duties/Taxes assessed at the border!*
So, shipping sounds pretty good. But here’s where the main difference lies: in the store prices.
Here’s the list of what I’m looking to get:
1. PrimaForce D-Aspartic Acid, 100 Grams
2. Scivation Xtend, 90 servings
3. Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder, 1200 Grams
4. Optimum 100% Whey Protein, 5 Lbs., Chocolate Malt
So let’s look at how much that costs at each respective store. Going to Nutrition Warehouse, each of the items (according to their online store) is as follows:
1. PrimaForce D-Aspartic Acid, 100 Grams – $59.95
2. Scivation Xtend, 90 servings – $99.95
3. Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder, 1200 Grams – $82.95
4. Optimum 100% Whey Protein, 5 Lbs., Chocolate Malt – $89.95
Going to Bodybuilding.com, each of the items (according to their online store) is as follows… bear in mind this is in US$, which at current rates today is getting you 99.95 AU$… yes, AU is slightly over US today) :
1. PrimaForce D-Aspartic Acid, 100 Grams – $21.99
2. Scivation Xtend, 90 servings – $49.99
3. Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder, 1200 Grams – $27.99
4. Optimum 100% Whey Protein, 5 Lbs., Chocolate Malt – $43.99
Shipping to Australia: $72.14 (obviously because of the 5lb Whey)
So, even INCLUDING international shipping direct to my door, the total savings on just 4 items from bodybuilding.com as opposed to Nutrition Warehouse is $116.70. For a regular shopper, that type of savings will add up to thousands very quickly.
So yes, I know this is turning nto a bit of an advertisement for the bodybuilding.com guys, but I can – with 100% honesty – say that I was amazed by the savings I could have got on my last few supplement purchases… so I thought I would pass it on to you. If you’re interested in browsing the bodybuilding.com store, just click through the below link:
Bodybuilding.com = #1 Online Health and Fitness Supersite!
Items mentioned in today’s post: